Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Sewing Machine Hunt continued

Well today I went to my mothers and scrounged in her storage room to find this little sewing machine. It is larger than the White E-Z Sew and about 100 times heavier but works so much better. From the color yellow I would guess it to be a late 60's or 70's vintage machine. It has fold up sides and a carrying handle. It was made by JC Penney and is called the Swing 'N Sew 3. I really wish I had a manual since I know it hasn't been serviced as long as I have had it and I purchased it used over 20 years ago. Hubby did find a blog where a woman has just the Swing and Sew. I might have to e-mail her to see if her manual indicates how to clean and oil it as I'm sure they are very similar.
Back to the machine features. It has a straight stitch and several different types of zig zag in varying widths. I don't need much more than this. It does have a 4 step button hole stitch, but I couldn't get it to work correctly....probably user error. I guess I won't be looking for another machine for a little while, but I would still like to find one that is lighter weight.

Cute machine isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dana,
    Thanks for you comment on the sewing machine post. I do have a manual, and if you give me a little time, I will look up what you need. Maybe I can scan a few pages for you. I am cleaning and digging out (early spring cleaning?) and have a lot on my plate right now, but if you can wait until tomorrow morning, I will try to get you the pages you need.
    be blessed, and stop by again!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making me want to sew. And I don't like sewing all that much...probably because I suck at it. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin