Saturday, August 07, 2010

New Project

It seems like I'm always starting something new but as a promise to myself I am trying to enter more jewelry design challenges. I find that they make me think in new directions and use new materials or techniques. This month the Art Bead Scene Challenge is to create something using the inspiration of "Sunrise" a folk art painting by John "Jack" Savitsky (1910-1991) painted in 1964.


I find imagery such as a painting hard to transfer to a three dimensional object but that is what a challenge is all about. So far I have a pendant that is almost there. I still want to put some citrine in it or something more yellow as it is depicting the sun, but I decided to stop and let it grow on me first before I mix it up. Still not sure about the rest of the necklace yet but since it is a folk painting I wanted to keep it pretty simple and something I would actually wear.



The house is finally getting back together... one room at a time. I've been trying to take one room a day and throughly clean and organize. Just two more rooms to go and we will be back to a clean house. We are loving our new kitchen and dining room and now can't wait to pull up the carpet in the living room and refinish those floors....okay maybe I can wait a bit more. I would like to live with a clean house for a few months before it gets dust ridden again.

We celebrated my dad's birthday tonight with my aunts that were in town from St. Louis, MO and Sherman, TX. It was great seeing them again. I don't think I had seen my Aunt Carolee since my grandfathers funeral which was a long time ago. I'm so glad they decided to come out and spend a couple of days with my dad. I know he really enjoyed it. They are leaving tomorrow and headed up to Victoria, BC for a couple of days before heading back home. Here I am with my aunts and dad. I think he looks pretty good for 74.


I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin