Thursday, June 24, 2010

Time for the Reveal

Bead Soup Reveal is here. I gave you a sneak peak last week but now you get to see the whole necklace and earring set. My bead soup partner, Cathryn sent me some wonderful beads in Summer colors. Be sure to hop over to her blog today and check out what she made. The first thing I made when I got down to it was the earrings.

Then I had to mull over the other beads for awhile. I knew I wanted to use the other orange open rectangle piece as a focal pendant so I made that.

I had some brass links that I had soldered so I set about placing all the other beads around and organizing them in a planned random pattern and ended up with this.
It turned out to be quite a long necklace, but that is what I wanted. I added the leather at the back to make it more comfortable and lighter weight.

This was a lot of fun and I highly recommend participating in bead swaps or challenges. Thanks to Lori Anderson over at Pretty Things for hosting the party.

If you want to check out all the other bead soup reveals today, head on over to Lori's blog where she has a complete list.

Don't forget about my giveaway for a $60.00 gift certificate to any of the CSN Stores. Here is the post if you would like to enter.

30 comments:

  1. Your necklace is just wonderful so funky and fun! Its makes me feel happy to look at it and wouldnt this be so fun to wear?! You did such a great job and its A+ in my book Dana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful! I love that it's long and those little roses are soooo pretty! Great color. Great design. Enjoy wearing this:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Dana! You took this beyond my imagination! WOW! I'm really impressed with how you pulled all those beads together into one fabulous necklace that looks both sophisticated and funky! *bounces in the chair* Thank you! The earrings are stupendous! I hope you have fun wearing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the necklace - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The necklace is fun and funky!! I love the orange focal piece! And the earrings are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's real summer-necklace, fun and funky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Long and lovely!!! But light and airy. Fun to wear in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this set, I remember your soup and I really like the fun whimsical pieces you created.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job! Those orange frames are a spicey color. I love the design. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love super long necklaces! And this one is really special, like looking through bright orange windows!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like long necklaces, too, and I think adding the leather to the back is really inspired -- I hate it when the back bothers me!

    AWESOME job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love those earrings - so bright and a fun shape. Love the longer necklace, too. That's a hot trend right now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very cool, just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the long necklace with so many different components including the leather. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the different things you put in here. There is so much to look at in this piece. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun, colorful necklace~

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love long necklaces and orange is perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun necklace and earrings. I like that you used the leather at the neck. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the length and the variety in your colorful necklace. I especially like the earrings and the flower beads on the necklace. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love long necklaces but never seem brave enough to make them. Well done - I love it.

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ecclectic and stylish. Good job! Makes me want to try one myself. smiles, Virginie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very fun! Love the orange frames.

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are luscious! Brilliant.
    Emanda

    ReplyDelete
  25. A beautiful spicy and juicy necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous9:43 PM

    I love those large shell squares. They are such fun components and you put them together nicely. The necklace is so eclectic and in such a cool way. I would never have been able to put that together in a way that looked nearly so *right*. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such cool, unique designs -- I love your pieces and am also inspired to try something new! The necklace balances the different colors and shapes perfectly, and the earrings are just outstanding. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your creation. Those orange-shades just pop!
    Bead Happy!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin