Sunday, June 06, 2010

Show is Over.....Thank Heavens

Another year down. I really don't want to cook anymore....ever. We spent the entire show in the kitchen cooking and making sandwiches for the crowds of people coming to visit the show. I think I was able to get to the bathroom once a day and only today at 3:00 pm (an hour before the show closes) was I able to go shop for a bit. If you have ever dreamed of running a deli or restaurant....DON'T. Try running a lunch counter for 3 days before you venture into anything. Now I'm not saying that it isn't profitable, we were able to raise over $300.00 for the club and served all our volunteers at the show for free which equates out to a little over $350.00. So, if we didn't feed the workers for free we would have brought in $650.00 in just 3 days. Not too bad a profit. I'm just glad that I have a whole year to forget how bad my feet feel before it starts all over again.

One of the good things that did come out of this show was that my husband and I were invited to demonstrate gem trees and jewelry design at a gem and mineral show in Lewiston, Idaho in October. We've never been there and I'm looking forward to taking that trip in the motor home.

I keep thinking that life will get back to normal tomorrow but we have the contractor that will be here first thing in the morning to probably install my new cabinets in my craft room and I haven't even cleared the room of stuff so that he can get in there...dang and I really wanted to sleep in tomorrow. Then we have to go pick up the new slate tiles for our porch and kitchen so he can get started on that. I think he wants to start the demo on the kitchen but that may have to wait a week so that I can organize and get stuff packed up. I really have to admit that I'm not looking forward to living through a kitchen remodel even though the outcome will be great. I think we will have to go on a really long camping trip. Oh wait to do that I have to have a plan to pack up my craft room to take with me.

Okay now I'm stressed. I should probably just go to bed and hope that tomorrow I'll get a reprieve.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:57 AM

    Wow - you sure are busy and have a lot going on right now, huh?! I would def. live through the kitchen remodel...but then again, you haven't seen my kitchen! Impossible to work in - no counter space and everything is placed just so randomly :)

    glad the serving thing is over for you. That sure is hectic, huh? I could probably stand a couple hours of it...no more than that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of work. I usually work at the food booth at our local library book fair and I get tired working for 1 day. I can't even imagine doing multiple days.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin