Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Something New



This past week while I was getting prizes ready for mailing to my Facebook fans I created some Art Cards, Editions and Originals (ACEO's) from my original watercolor paintings. Some of my fans will be the first to receive them. I have been wanting to create some original ACEO's using watercolors or acrylics, but haven't found the time yet so prints were the next best thing. I'm hoping they are marketable so we will see what my fans have to say about them. They are limited editions of 20 of each painting. I think they turned out pretty good. The collage above is some of the ones I used in on the cards. For those of you that are unfamiliar with ACEO's, they are small trading cards 3.5"x2.5" and can be traded or sold as long as they are originals or editions. Here is a little bit more about them:

ACEO stands for "Art Cards, Editions and Originals". These cards have one main rule - they are 3.5 inches by 2.5 inches - the size of a trading card. The reason for this is, of course, that Art Cards are made to be traded! But while artists were happily trading cards, the general public was left out in the cold, having no Art Cards to trade. A group of artists realized this, and quickly made their cards available for sale at remarkably low prices so that everyone could join in the fun! Cards are also sold either as originals or editions. Make sure you know which you are buying! If it is a print it should say so, and it should be numbered and signed, usually on the back.  Art Cards can be a riot! Artists from all over the world are creating, and now selling these little gems in different mediums and of different subjects. Watercolor, Oil, Acrylic, Colored Pencil, Pastels, Pyrography, Pen and Ink, Sketching, Collage - the sky is the limit. Abstract, Surrealism, Outsider Art, Impressionism, Expressionism -every style you can think of - and then some!. Every interest and subject is covered! Extremely collectable Pocket Art, you can't stop at just one!   http://www.art-cards.org/

In other news, one of my blogger friends Nancy has a great web site where you can purchase tole painting books at a discount. I may have to give this some thought as they would probably have some great design ideas that I could use on art cards. Here is her blog and her web site.

http://tole4thee.blogspot.com/
My Idea Center

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin