Monday, July 26, 2010

It's Good to be Me

Sometimes I moan and groan about the messy remodeling house or the cold weather in the middle of Summer but I really do have a good life, good husband, family, dogs, friends and everything else I can think of. Then today I find out that my Art Bead Scene challenge piece was featured on their blog today. Yes, I am a happy camper.  The link to the blog is on the right of you can click it HERE

Since we are still in the remodeling phase I decided to do a little promoting of some of the local businesses that we purchased some of our supplies from. This one is the hand blown art glass pendant light. It was made by Tacoma Glassblowers Studio. They had so many to choose from but the green complimented the colors in our kitchen better than the rest.


They also offer glass blowing classes and another option for a group is the glass blowing experience. My husband and I have organized a couple of family outings to blow glass with an instructor and everyone had a great time and came away with a wonderful art glass piece. They are offering a new class on garden art in August that I may have to consider. Here is a picture of what they look like from inside their studio. What a colorful display...now if my garden looked better this would be the perfect compliment.


I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far. I'm off to work on some artwork in the craft room.


1 comment:

  1. Paula Lee M.5:57 PM

    I wanted to thank you for the tutorials you put up for leather. I bought $115. worth of leather last spring and I knew what I wanted to do, but wasn't entirely sure how to finish them. now I am confident I can tackle my projects. Yours were beautiful, simple and inspirational.
    I also got a kick out of the fact that though I googled leather necklace designs I found your blog and low and behold there in the corner was your design for ABS's July (Calder) challenge. I love that piece and you definitly deserved to be a designer of the week. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin