Saturday, January 09, 2010

Finally Finished

This past week I have been cleaning and organizing my craft room. What a mess. I think I do this about once a year with various results. Last year, I just created more boxes of stuff that was stuck in the corner and after a year more stuff was piled on top and was just a mess. This year I actually got rid of things and moved the boxes out that I didn't want in the room. So now as you can tell, it is just an organized mess. And if you are wondering where the rest of the room is...that is it. The room is about 6 x 9 and I have a lot crammed in here. The next project is to move the blue-green cabinet to the hall outside the door to this room and get me a corner desk from IKEA. This will give me lots more desk/workspace room and maybe I'll finally be able to get my sewing machine out and use it or painting supplies. I have moved my laptop into this room so I really do need more desk space.

I decided to share this new project with you also today. I was sitting in the living room this morning drinking my coffee and had an idea for a wire wrap pendant that would be easier for beginners. Believe me this is not easy for beginners but is an alternative to silversmithing. This is my first attempt so it is not perfect as the weaving is not as tight as I would like and there is a bottom wire that is funky. I used 18 gauge fine silver wire (.999 % pure silver) and formed my top and bottom then 26 gauge fine silver wire for the weaving. Turned out interesting. Not sure it I like it well enough to make them to sell. As I didn't like the bright silver, I used Liver of Sulphur to darken the metal and then a polishing cloth to highlight the edges. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin