18” 2mm Leather
6’ of .5mm Leather
20 Beads, crystals, gemstones to fit on the .5mm leather
2 Large hole silver beads for 2mm
End Crimps and Clasp
Flat Nose Pliers
- First make sure all your beads will fit on the .5mm leather cord. I string mine on a leftover piece while picking them out.
- Cut your 2mm (heavier leather) to 18” or whatever length you choose.
- Cut 6 pieces of 6” .5mm leather.
- Cut 2 pieces of 5” .5mm leather.
- Cut 2 pieces of 4” .5mm leather.
- Create a Larks Head knot with all your 6” pieces onto the middle of the 2mm leather.
- Add 1 5” piece with a Larks Head knot to each side next to the 6”.
- Add 1 4” piece with a Larks Head knot to each side next to the 5”. You should have a graduated look with the leather fringe. Do not worry that the knots are not tight on the 2mm leather. Refer back to the picture if you are concerned that yours may look different.
- Starting on one end, add a bead to one leather fringe.
- Tie an Overhand knot to secure.
- Add another bead to the next fringe and tie a knot.
- Continue adding beads and knotting being sure to alternate the placement of your beads. Either high on the fringe or lower close to the end.
- Tighten your Larks Head knots by pulling the fringe down.
- At this point you may decide to add more fringe. Just scoot your fringe pieces over and add more in between or at the ends.
- Add your silver beads to the 2mm leather, one at each end.
- Center your fringe and silver beads.
- Tie an Overhand knot in the 2mm leather to secure.
- Add end crimps and clasp.
As I quickly put this together, please let me know if you have questions or if I need to add more information. Please feel free to use these instructions and repost on your blog or web site just as long as credit is given. Thanks, Dana