Sunday, January 08, 2012

A Little Healing

As the patient recovers here at home, I'm trying to get some things organized. Other than finishing up a special order for 14 gem trees, I have my craft room torn up getting things together that I might want to take in the motor home. Is it possible to pack the entire craft room? Hubby is hoping not! I do have an organizer bag with 5 bead boxes that will fit in the overhead in the bedroom and 6 plastic shoe boxes that will fit in the overhead in the living area... that's my entire storage, so no sewing machine or other large pieces of equipment can go. There are some things I have to take such as my gem tree supplies (wire, gemstone chips, wire cutters and glue) and my sketching/drawing supplies (pens, pencils, sketch books) maybe some painting supplies (acrylic, watercolors, brushes, paper, container for water). I'm also thinking some jewelry making supplies and some other mixed media. I'd really like to take my soldering stuff but that might be another whole box of stuff. Writing it all down it sounds like a lot but this is stuff I use all the time. How can I be gone for any length of time no matter how short and not have things to work on?  Ugh, I may have to look at everything again.

Today, DH has spent the majority of the time in bed. Probably for the best as he hasn't been getting a lot of sleep lately and in so much pain. Since the incision is oozing (I know sounds gross) and red, I made up a healing oil to rub around it, not on it. Hopefully that will help the redness and speed some of the healing. I did make a salve/ointment today to use as it heals a little bit more to fight infection.


I did a simple recipe that is Jojoba Oil and Beeswax combined with Essential Oils. I made mine a little greasier than normal but I wanted something softer. Most of the time you would use a 3 (oil) to 1 (beeswax) base and then add your EO's and this time I did a 2 to 1 combo. My EO's were Lavender, Sandalwood, Tea Tree, Frankincense, Myrrh and Patchouli which are all anti bacterial type of oils. I actually like the scent and it doesn't smell like medicine. I'll let you know how it goes on DH but I used it on a scrape on my arm and it is less red than this morning.

Now that the weekend has come to an end, I hope everyone is now relaxed and refreshed. I know for most of you it is back to work tomorrow so have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin