Saturday, June 11, 2011

Fun Day Today

Each month I try to schedule a gem tree class at Shipwreck Beads in Lacey, WA. Today was the class. I had 7 students all ready to learn the mystic of twisting together wire to create a tree. What fun, but I always have fun teaching and sharing the hobby. Here are a few picture of my students, their finished trees or working on their trees.


Everyone finished their tree and either glued it to a rock or piece of wood. Some great trees were created today and to look at them you wouldn't know that this was their first gem tree.

If you are interested in taking a gem tree class, the next one I have scheduled is July 2nd. I'll be teaching the Pine Tree style. Here is the link. Pine Tree Class.

I'm still working on my art charms for the Patriotic charm swap but I've painted them with acrylic paint on both sides, resin on one side and spray poly on the other. I still have yet to drill holes in them and then add the jump rings. Since I'm hosting this one I wanted to make something special to send back to the charm participants and I'm leaning towards a small drawstring bag made out of Patriotic fabric that could be used to store charms or another piece of jewelry. I should have them all finished by Monday so I'll post a final picture then.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Tomorrow we are off to mom's for dinner so I'll probably bake a pie to take with us. Humm, I think that means ice cream too. Yummy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I would attend your class in a minute, unfortunately you are too far away from Germany:-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin