Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Friendships Last a Lifetime

Well with school starting up I feel like I've missed Summer. Not that I'm in school or even planning on taking any classes it really shouldn't matter but apparently it does. For as long as I can remember school starting was the end of Summer and the beginning of a new year. Now 30 years later it still appears that I think school starting is the end of a very long vacation when in fact I should be feeling that I'm always on vacation. It must be that we were so busy this Summer and I lost track of time.....yea that's it.

Well I've kind of digressed from where I wanted this post to go so I'll start over.

With all the kids starting back to school this month, along comes all the new friends they will be making. Of all the things I miss from being in school, it is the making of new friends and getting reacquainted with old friends that we missed all Summer. I do make new friends all the time through my crafts and blogging but the web really doesn't make friends does it? Is it the same type of friendship as those we had when we were working or going to school? I don't think so, but here for those kiddy's that are going to school and those adults that want a remembrance of new friendships and old, here is a great take on a friendship bracelet based upon a designer bracelet. The tutorial is by Kirsten Gail of Studs and Pearls. She has it posted on Craftster.


I love the mix of chain and thread although I can see using ribbon or leather for this look also. Humm I have lots of leftover leather and tons of chain, I may have to try that out.

Have a good day all and remember friends and keep those friendships alive. Call someone, have lunch, go shopping or send them a letter via snail mail. They will appreciate it and you.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin