Monday, May 30, 2011

A Smelly Project

I do tend to volunteer for some odd jobs and today's was no exception. We have our annual Gem and Mineral Club show this coming weekend (June 3-5) in Puyallup, WA and I'm not sure how I managed to volunteer to make all the display case favors. I did find the instructions and the transfers but was hoping for some help but with going on vacation and other things, I just didn't get around to organizing any help. Oh well, I didn't have anything else to do today anyway. So, I am making tumbled marble/stone coasters. I found a site with the instructions and the club decided that would be a good project for case favors. If you are interested in doing some of these yourself, here is the link to the instructions on Vintage Image Crafts. They also have lots of images if you are interested in vintage pictures. Instructions can also be found on the waterslide decal transfer sheet package. I'm sure there are several types but I used the Lazertran for copiers.






Do yourself a favor if you do make some of these and do them outside. The smell of the pure turpentine is terrible. I haven't put the sealer on them yet....that will be tomorrow's job and then the cork backing. Some are turning out okay but we shall see once they are finished.

I do hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend where we honor those who have fought and given their lives for our freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin