Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Mad Hatter

I just don't know what I'm going to do with myself. I started out on a quest to made the perfect little charm for an Alice in Wonderland swap and here I am making Mad Hatter Hats. Please note these are too large to be used for a charm or pendant. Ugg. Now I'm addicted to making these things.


They are pretty cute but what do you do with them besides just look and admire. Are the sellable? If so, then I can keep making them. LOL Otherwise I'll just end up with a ton of these little hats. The crushed velvet is my favorite and obviously it's going to be my most recent one with the burgundy and gold sari silk and hand made crystal hat pin. I just don't know what to do with them at this point. They might be pretty cool for a Bridal shower as table decor, maybe a Steampunk themed party or Halloween.

So, if you have any ideas, I would love to hear them.

Just a little tidbit about how the "Mad Hatter" name came about. It really is inspired by the phrase "mad as a hatter". Mercury used to be used in curing the felt for hats, making it impossible for hatters to avoid inhaling the Mercury fumes. Mercury poisoning causes neurological damage as well as confused speech and distorted vision.  

Explains a lot about how I'm feeling...oh wait, I didn't use any felt. I guess I don't have an excuse.

2 comments:

  1. This is nice post.i loved it..............!




    Thanks for more sharing............






    Wholesale Beading Supplies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! Do you have a pattern for them?
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin