Monday, June 01, 2009

Crafty Monday - Reuse old Jewelry

The Better Homes and Gardens site has some great ideas for reusing some of that old jewelry you have lying around you aren't wearing or using items found at a flea market. I especially like the beaded napkin rings and the wall art using vintage colorful pins.

Using vintage pins and buttons to create wall art and simple frames.
Beads wrapped around a metal napkin ring for a one of a kind look.

I love these filigree frames that vintage earrings and brooches have been used as embellishments.

Colorful large pins used in a shadowbox frame to create art work...I'm sure I have some similar large pins laying around and wouldn't these look great in a bedroom above your dresser.

A necklace that has been taken apart has transformed a plain cake plate into something special. Find simple instructions on the BHG web site.
If you are in the mood for something different in the way of crafting, check out my crafty blog for the newest post on making a paper fan.

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful article! Make haunting Estate and Yard sales even more fun this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gemmabeads tipped me off on this superb post! I also collect vintage jewelry. Will either link to a future blog post or twitter! Pearl

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin